It was an easy name to remember: Sam Hall. I had seen it before. Even though all I talked about was movies, movies, movies, my grandmother purchased a book on play production for me. She bought it in Laramie, Wyoming. I know this because she inscribed it as such. That …Continue Reading
James Storm… real, raw, and flat-out brilliant. #jamesstorm #darkshadows #dsxp #collinsporthistoricalsociety
At the DS Fest, I was lucky enough to meet James Storm. It wasn’t just one of the best interviews in which I’ve participated; it was one of the best hours, period. Enjoy.Continue Reading
Just an observation on Quentin. Someone wrote in to the home office in Logansport, and cited Mr. Collins’ brazen lack of shame, re: The Collinsport Cuties. (Who appeared on his mid-1970’s variety show, The Quentin Collins Musical Comedy Variety Hour starring Quentin Collins and The Collinsport Cuties with Very Special …Continue Reading
Well, the second great work is finished. It took a lot more energy than I thought, because I wanted to find as much meaning and completeness in Quentin’s story as I could. That meant inventing a good deal of framing material. I think I cracked the significance of the Quentin …Continue Reading
Quality Fan Fic? Thy name is Mad Margaret. Accept no substitutes! https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4240275/mad-margaretContinue Reading
For me, Petofi is, after Barnabas, the most nuanced character on the show. I also see him as more benevolent than most do. He’s impish. When I saw this moment in an episode, I immediately knew that I had to use it. I’m also familiar with piece of music by …Continue Reading
Foundation Mission Statement
In 45 days in 2012, the Foundation engaged one man to watch and review all 1,225 episodes of the documentary series about the Collins family, DARK SHADOWS.
He thought it would cure him of his fascination with DARK SHADOWS. Instead, it drew him further in.
In 2013, he wrote 90,000 words of Collins family history, just to understand it.
Now, he heads back in to study each episode, fact-by-fact.
He's not coming back until he knows the truth of WHY DARK SHADOWS MATTERS.
- From the stage play, THE SNOWS OF KILIMANJARO, by Sam Hall. #DarkShadows @CousinBarnabas http://t.co/ejHB8pYYKn 20 hours ago
- RT @CousinBarnabas: In memory of the gravitas of Sam Hall #DarkShadows collinsfoundation.net/2014/09/29/the… @TheRealMcCray http://t.co/tcZQaSSHkR 20 hours ago
- The gravitas... that was him. #darkshadows #dsxp #samhall wp.me/p2n0Zo-Nu 1 day ago
- I have yet to master the art of settling in for the night. To paraphrase Conan TB, “There will be enough time to settle in in the grave.” 3 days ago
- @willmckinley THAT’S a real man. I own many ascots, myself. I keep threatening to send one to Wallace. 4 days ago